Plot 32

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Weather etc.

The storms of the last 2 weeks have resulted in a lot of damage to the roof of my house. Thinking I'd better check the Plot, I arrived there yesterday to find that my shed had been blown onto its back and the roof partially detached. A hasty telephone call to my parents and the fortuitous arrival of my "neighbour," Bob soon saw it righted - father and I then spent a couple of hours carrying out repairs. Will have to think about some sort of ground anchors.
Other "news:" spent part of New Year's Day digging, some of the garlic is now just beginning to show, the days are noticeably lengthening and I've just bought a couple of books on lunar planting, which I'm going to try.
Now, where's that seed list?

2 Comments:

At 20 January, 2007, Blogger lilymarlene said...

So sorry about your shed....but all sounds well now! I was so relieved that our new one withstood the wind, but we thought planting it just behid the hedge would be sensible for a windbreak.
Shall watch your plot's evolution with interest.....we seem to be at about the same stage with them.

 
At 20 January, 2007, Blogger Plot 32 said...

Had a snoop round your Blog - very interesting and your plot's in a lovely location. I shall add you to my links when I get time and follow the progress of Plot 58.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home