Plot 32

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Day 4

Mmmm .... I think I've worked pretty hard (job permitting) taking out the yellow weed etc. Obviously not hard enough for some. Arrived at the plot today to find that, not only had someone strimmed part (without raking the waste up), but they'd also burned the path and part of the plot. Probably had the best intentions but it makes me feel like the plot isn't really mine - it also means that I spend time doing things I hadn't intended to do. I'd rather dictate the order in which I do things, thank you!
Hoping now for some more rain to wash away the ash and the acrid smell ...

Anyway, after much raking have started taking out the poppy before it seeds. Also have my eye on a Mowerland "Hobby" tiller because (a) it's only £219 delivered (b) it's transportable (30 kg.) and (c) I don't think the soil needs that much work.

Hoping to post some more pics in the next few days so that you can gauge the (lack of?) progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home