Plot 32

Friday, June 09, 2006

Day 1

Due to the pressures of work, this was my first day on the allotment. The photo shows my plot on the left, the (well tended) plot on the right illustrating the challenge ahead of me. I have some further views of the plot, which I shall add in the next few posts.

Although I arrived early, it was a punishingly hot day and I left after 3 hours burned crimson - bearing testimony to my lack of experience.

Still, I have cleared most of the area around the pallets and begun to clear some of the weed growth. I've also taken up some well rotted manure, which I had delivered some time ago when I first thought I'd secured a plot. Have discovered strawberry plants and gooseberry bushes - although I'm told that the previous tenant wants to remove the gooseberry when it's finished fruiting!

Off to buy calomine lotion and a legionnaire's hat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home